|Birthname||Delta Ramona Leah Burke|
|born on||30 July 1956 at 11:24 (= 11:24 AM )|
|Place||Orlando, Florida, 28n32, 81w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°27' 05°51 Asc. 20°08'|
American actress and television star of the ensemble cast "Designing Women" from 1986-91. Burke has made a career in television series and made-for-TV movies. A big and beautiful woman herself, she has opened her own women's fashion company called Delta Burke Designs for the larger women's sizes.
Burke grew up in Orlando and won many beauty contests. In 1976, she attended the Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in London. She arrived in Hollywood in 1978, appearing in "Zuma Beach," 1978 and "Filthy Rich," 1982-83. Burke's role as Suzanne Sugarbaker garnered attention from a loyal television audience. She left the show in 1991 and has struggled to find a new hit TV series.
Burke married actor Gerald McRaney in 1989.
She acknowledges that she suffers from depression, and on February 6, 2008 she checked into a clinic for help with that condition as well as obsessive-compulsive disorder and "hoarding."
- Social : Begin a program of study 1976 in London (Attended Academy of Music And Dramatic Arts)
- Family : Change residence 1978 (Arrived in Hollywood, CA)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Film, "Zuma Beach")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1982 (TV series, "Filthy Rich")
- Work : End Major Project 1983 (TV series, "Filthy Rich")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1986 (TV series, "Designing Women")
- Relationship : Marriage 1989 (Gerald McRaney)
- Work : End Major Project 1991 (Left TV series, "Designing Women")
Marc Penfield quotes Donna Hennen, from Burke as a client, 6/1998; not confirmed by Hennen
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Vivacious)
- Traits : Body : Size (Large woman)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Won many beauty contests in youth)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Clothing company for larger women)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Delta Burke Designs, clothing company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Designing Women," "Filthy Rich")