|Birthname||Anita Jane Bryant|
|born on||25 March 1940 at 15:10 (= 3:10 PM )|
|Place||Barnsdall, Oklahoma, 36n34, 96w10|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°04' 04°04 Asc. 22°46'|
American Beauty Queen and entertainer who was named Miss Oklahoma at 19, and then the runner-up for Miss America. She married in 1960 and had four kids. As a singer, Bryant was a foil for Bob Hope on Christmas tours for the Armed Forced from 1960-1967, as she became a recording artist and was active on TV commercials. Bryant was voted to the Oklahoma Hall of Fame in 1966 and voted Woman of the Year in 1970.
A Christian activist, she accompanied the Billy Graham crusades and aroused a storm of controversy in 1977 by publicly opposing gay rights in Florida, raising her holy banner against "the ungodly." Gays retaliated by strutting the streets of Miami in T-shirts that read, "Squeeze a fruit for Anita." Bryant won the battle but lost the war when her bookings and record deals dropped off and she lost her contract as spokeswoman for the Florida Citrus Commission.
In 1980, her 20-year marriage ended in divorce. The Mother of Family Values took her four kids and retreated back to Tulsa.
A decade later, Bryant married her childhood sweetheart, Charlie Dry, a former astronaut test crewman. She moved with him to a 59-acre spread in Arkansas, where she was still righteous. When she relaunched her career in Eureka Springs, opening the Anita Bryant Theater she billed herself as America's Sweetheart on the marquee. Unfortunately for her, Eureka Springs is widely known as the gay capital of the Ozarks, and she was not their sweetheart. When no one came to her show, she moved it to Branson, MO, where she was more popular.
In May 1997, Bryant and Dry filed bankruptcy in Fayetteville, AR to reorganize debts that ranged from $1 million to $10 million in value.
- Relationship : Marriage 1960 (First marriage Bob Green)
- Work : New Job 1960 (Bob Hope Armed Forces tour, 7 years)
- Work : Prize 1966 (Oklahoma Hall of Fame)
- Work : Prize 1970 (Voted Woman of the Year)
- Social : Great Publicity 1977 (Opposed Gay rights)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1980 (First marriage)
- Relationship : Marriage 1990 (Charlie Dry)
Jim Eshelman quotes B.C. given in Constellations '77 (Same Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Homophobic)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Christian)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Miss Oklahoma)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Spokesperson for orange juice)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Theater act)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Activist)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Oklahoma)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Woman of the Year)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women