|Birthname||Ian Duncan Stewart|
|born on||2 January 1938 at 12:40 (= 12:40 PM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°29' 19°32 Asc. 15°44'|
Scottish homicide; he and his girl friend, Myra Hindley, were sentenced to life in prison for the sadistic murders of three, possibly four young people. E. Williams in his biography, "Beyond Belief," 1969, relates how they took pictures and recorded the sounds of their victims during torture and death.
Ian was born to an unmarried mom, Peggy Stewart. At three months, he was adopted by the Sloan family, who allowed Peggy to visit as "a friend of the family." In December 1954, Ian first learned from Peggy that she was his mother.
Brady began serving jail terms for robbery and petty larceny by May 1951, age 12. At age 20 he was working in a wash house and as an accounting clerk. Myra Hindley began to work at the same office on 1/16/1961 but they did not have their first date until almost a year later, 12/22/1961. He deflowered Myra on 1/01/1962. They continued in a steady relationship and he moved in with her and her grandmother on 9/18/1964.
Brady was nearly 6 ft tall with a sallow, pale skin and sunken gray eyes. His hair grew thick and he combed it back with his large hands.
Brady and Hindley began their series of gruesome murders on 7/12/1963 of Pauline Reade, a 16-year-old girl (born 2/18/1947). Their second victim was John Kilbride, a 12-year-old boy (born 5/15/1951) on 11/23/1963 and the third, 12-year-old Keith Bennett (born 6/12/1952) on 6/16/1964. The fourth victim was 10-year-old Lesley Ann Downey (born 8/21/1954) on 12/26/1964. Her body was not found until 10/16/1965. A questionable murder occurred in mid-65, and it is not concrete as to whether or not they committed it. The sixth murder was of 17-year-old Edward Evans (born 1/03/1948) on 1/06/1965.
Brady and Hindley were arrested on 10/07/1965 after her brother went to the police to testify that he had been a witness to the Evans killing. They went to trial on 4/19/1966. The jury saw porno pictures taken of Lesley Downey and heard the tape recordings of her pitiful cries for mercy as Brady and Hindley abused her before killing her. They were both found guilty on 5/06/1966 and the judge imposed three concurrent life terms.
Brady later confessed to more murders; after deterioration he was later confined in a mental hospital.
- lover relationship with Hindley, Myra (born 23 July 1942)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1 January 1962 (First sex with Myra Hindley)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Secrets revealed 1987 (Two more bodies found)
B.C. in hand from Vic Shaw
There was a question of whether the 12:40 was after midnight or after noon: Dana Holliday reports that a British printing of "Beyond Belief" gave "midday. Random House, in its American printing, changed the time to "midnight."
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Schizophrenia (Put in mental hospital)
- Family : Childhood : Adopted
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide serial (Six young people)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Life in prison)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Torturer/ Sadist
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Robbery and petty larceny)
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Sadistic child killer)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book