|born on||8 June 1923 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Buffalo NY, USA, 42n53, 78w52|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°54' 12°48 Asc. 27°51'|
American priest, civil rights and antiwar activist, and author of more than 20 books. His best-selling "Are You Running with Me, Jesus?" was published in 1965. Boyd, who is gay, came out in 1976 after which he began to devote himself to gay and lesbian issues, including his book, "Gay Priest: An Inner Journey."
He earned his B.A. at the University of Arizona, Tucson, in 1944. In 1954 he went back to school and graduated from Divinity School of the Pacific before going to England where he attended Oxford from 1954-55. Upon returning to the U.S., he attended Union Theological Seminary in New York during 1956. Before deciding to become a priest in the Episcopal Church, Boyd worked in advertising and spent a couple of years as a writer and producer at Republic Pictures.
Boyd says "Being gay for me means gentleness, sensitivity, warmth, and service to others." He enjoys reading biographies and walking in the hills or at the beach. He has been with his partner, fellow writer, editor and activist Mark Thompson, since the mid-1980s.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1965 ("Are You Running With Me, Jesus" published)
- Social : End a program of study 1944 at 12:00 midnight in Tucson, AZ (BA degree from Univ. of Arizona)
- Social : End a program of study 1955 (Oxford Univeristy, England)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1956 (Theological Seminary in New York)
Mark Penfield quotes him in Mercury Hour 4/1987 for 2:05 PM "from an interview" and Edwin Steinbrecher quotes him for 1:55 PM.
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Open, activist)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Antiwar activist, civil rights)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy (Numerous books)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Republic Pictures)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Episcopal priest)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Monogamous relationship)