|Birthname||Bourgeois, Louise Josephine|
|born on||25 December 1911 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°31' 24°19 Asc. 11°51'|
French artist, a contemporary representative of American sculpture. Working originally as a painter and engraver, she turned to sculpture in the late '40s. She first achieved recognition for her wood constructions, painted either black or white. Since then Bourgeois has worked in stone, metal and latex. Although her work is abstract in nature, it is often suggestive of the human figure. She was rediscovered following a retrospective of her work at the Modern Art Museum of Paris in 1995.
At age 98, she suffered a fatal heart attack on May 31, 2010 in Manhattan.
- Work : Gain social status 1995 at 12:00 midnight in Paris, France (Re-recognition after exhibition at Modern Art Museum)
Didier Geslain quotes B.R.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Fatal)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Engraver)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Sculptor, painter)