|born on||19 April 1479 Jul.Cal. (28 Apr 1479 greg.) at 12:30 (= 12:30 PM )|
|Place||Subiaco, Italy, 41n55, 13e06|
|Timezone||LMT m13e06 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°34' 05°46 Asc. 23°43'|
Italian renaissance woman who was 12 years old when her dad became Pope Alexander VI. Raised as a servant, she was dealt as a sexual pawn in her dad's political machinations. Before age 22, three engagements for her were contracted and broken, and three marriages to princes were agreed upon. Her first marriage at age 13 was annulled. Her second husband was murdered by her brother Cesare in 1498. In 1501, she was married to the Duke Alfonso of Ferrara. When her dad died two years later, it freed her to live her own life. Borgia made her court a salon of the arts; it was a brilliant center for letters and culture and played a highly instrumental role in the Renaissance.
Died on 6/24/1519 OS, Ferrari, Italy.
- Death of Mate 1498 (Second husband killed by brother)
- Relationship : Marriage 1501 (Duke Alfonso of Ferrara)
- Death of Father 1503 (Pope Alexander VI)
LMR quotes Sabatini, "The Life of Cesare Borgia," p.22, (April 19, 1479 OS.) Gregovorious gave 18 April 1480, but Sabatini denied this, stating, "documents in hand." 
Birth time speculative, by LMR.
(Penfield quotes a biog. by Bellonci as, "around noon." That biog. writes on p.20, "She was born in Subiaco in 4/1480" with no date or time. PC gave 11:00 AM, "from an old source")
(The Catholic Enclopedia gives Apr 18, 1480, Rome.)
- Sabatini p.21/22: This certainly fixes the year of Cesare's birth as 1476; but we are to remember that Saraceni is speaking of something that the Pope had recently told him; exactly how recently does not transpire. An error would easily be possible in so far as the age of Cesare is concerned. In so far as the age of Lucrezia is concerned, an error is not only possible, but has actually been committed by Saraceni. At least the age given in his letter is wrong by one year, as we know by a legal document drawn up in February of 1491--Lucrezia's contract of marriage with Don Juan Cherubin de Centelles. .. According to this protocol in old Spanish, dated February 26, 1491, Lucrezia completed her twelfth year on April 19, 1491,(3) which definitely and positively gives us the date of her birth as April 19, 1479. A quite extraordinary error is that made by Gregorovius when he says that Lucrezia Borgia was born on April 18, 1480, extraordinary considering that he made it apparently with this very protocol under his eyes, and cites it, in fact (Document IV in the Appendix to his Lucrezia Borgia) as his authority.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Pope, royalty)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Decadence)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Multiple engagements, annullments)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Artistic, literary salon)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Italy)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women