Borges, Jorge Luis
|born on||24 August 1899 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Buenos Aires, Argentina, 34s36, 58w27|
|Timezone||LST m64w11 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°54' 14°43 Asc. 12°37'|
Argentinean writer, a literary giant with short stories, essays, poetry and all shades and types of books. He had a razor sharp wit and a self-depreciating style. Actually, Borges was a shy man, a vegetarian, blind for nearly 30 years and partly deaf. He had a powerful imagination and was a shy, retiring man who had a strong bond with his mother, living with her until her death at 99, when he was 75.
Acclaimed as one of the greatest modern writers, he was compared to Edgar Allan Poe and Frank Kafka, a perennial candidate for the Nobel Prize in literature. His works were translated into more than 20 languages, and he won scores of literary prizes for his production of more than 35 volumes of writing.
Borges lived the last three months of his life in Geneva, Switzerland where he married his second wife in 4/1986, inasmuch as the marriage would not be recognized in Argentina, where divorce is not legal. Died of liver cancer on 6/14/1986, Switzerland.
- friend relationship with Solar, Xul (born 14 December 1887)
Source Notes:B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher (3:30 AM Cordoba time).
(Formerly, Taeger Lexikon quoted Lescaut for 8:30 PM Cordoba time.
Jose Lebron gave 7:46:58 AM GMT in AFA DX, with no source, but writing that, "the time was not rectified, but was given originally in a weird way as 4:15:25 West"
Filipe Ferreira writes, 3/2002, that he found Argentinian site dedicated to Borges, with a text: 24 August 1899, 5.00 a.m. Buenos Aires, Argentina, born a month premature. (www.buenosaires.gov.ar/cultura/biblioteca/borges/usb/lugares.htm) "Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges nació a doce cuadras de la Casa de Gobierno, en el barrio de la Parroquia de San Nicolás, el 24 de agosto de 1899. El parto, de este ochomesino, fue a las cinco de la madrugada de un frío invierno. Borges decía que había nacido durante la Noche de San Bartolomé, "cuando el diablo sale a cazar ángeles". Aunque él se consideraba habitualmente agnóstico, recordaba aquella histórica jornada parisina en que se enfrentaron católicos y protestantes."
Biography: "Borges a contraluz" by Estela Canto, a (platonic) girlfriend of his (Espasa Calpe, Madrid, 1989).
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty (Razor wit)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Liver, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Blind nearly 30 years)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Ears (Partly deaf)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Married second wife three months before he died)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Many)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Translated into more than 20 languages)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession