|Birthname||Chastity Sun Bono|
|born on||4 March 1969 at 00:55 (= 12:55 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°37' 15°26 Asc. 12°46'|
American noted family, the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono. When her folks divorced in 1975, her mom had legal custody of her but she was always allowed to spend time with both parents. Sonny made a point of living nearby in order that she had free access to see him. Shielded from the glare of publicity during her growing-up years, she graduated from the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in 1987 and went to the New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
She began writing songs with her pal, Chance, and they formed a group with four young men. In January 1994, she became the vocalist and co-leader of a rock group called "Ceremony." The group's debut album was entitled "Hand Out Your Poetry." In 1994, Chas' lover died of cancer after a painful battle. A year later she came out publicly as a lesbian in the gay publication, "The Advocate." The article that she wrote changed her life.
In 1996 she joined GLAAD, Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, becoming the entertainment industry's unofficial advisor on all things homosexual, wielding growing clout in Hollywood. A reasonable, not rabid, activist, she aimed at aiding an increase of understanding and tolerance. She worked as their media director until leaving in 1998 to pursue other interests.
His father was killed on 1/06/1998 at the Heavenly Ski Resort on the California/Nevada border. He died of massive head injuries suffered after hitting a tree at a rapid rate of speed.
To help others deal with their gay choices, Bono has written "Family Outing," 1998, a guidebook that uses real-life examples, including her own, to show young gay people the rewards and pitfalls that go with being open about their preference.
In her own experience, she was a tomboy as a kid. At 13, when she saw Mariel Hemingway kissing another woman in a movie, she had a revelation. "Suddenly I got it," she recalled. "I got me." By the time she was a freshman at New York University fall 1987, she decided to tell her parents that she was gay. Sonny took the news in stride but Cher flipped out and banished her from the house. In time, it was Cher who accepted her for who she was, and Sonny who never became reconciled to Chas' sexual life style.
In 1992 she began a serious relationship with "Joan," a woman 20 years her senior, which ended tragically when the woman died of cancer two years later. By 1998, she was keeping a new relationship private to avoid the glare of the press.
In early June 2009 she announced that she had begun the transgender process to become male. Bono's legal transition was completed on May 8, 2010, when a California court granted his request for a gender and name change. He chose the name "Chaz Salvatore Bono" in honor of his parents.
- child->parent relationship with Bono, Sonny (born 16 February 1935)
- child->parent relationship with Cher (born 20 May 1946)
- Misc. : Great Insight 1986 (Realized that she was gay)
- Social : End a program of study 1987 (Graduated from Lee Strasberg Theater Institute)
- Social : Secrets revealed 1987 (Told her folks she was gay)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1992 (Partner 20 years older)
- Death of Mate 1994 (Partner died of cancer)
- Misc. : Released from waiting 1995 (Came out as being lesbian)
- Social : Joined group 1996 (Joined GLAAD)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Family Outing)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Two years partnership, mate died)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Ceremony)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women