|Birthname||Salvatore Phillip Bono|
|born on||16 February 1935 at 21:21 (= 9:21 PM )|
|Place||Detroit, Michigan, 42n20, 83w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°30' 12°41 Asc. 06°31'|
American entertainer who did a show business act with his partner, Cher, whom he married on 10/27/1964. Their first smash hit came out in June1965, "I Got You, Babe." They were the trend setters of the hippie culture in their cool bell-bottom pants and vests. In early 1968, they produced a film, "Chastity," a financial blunder in which they lost a half million dollars. Not only that, but the following year the IRS hit them with a bill for $200,000 in back taxes. To get their finances in order, they put together a nightclub routine and made their debut as Pat Boone's opening act at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. The public loved their act which featured biting repartee, mostly at Sonny's expense.
When their daughter was born on 3/04/1969, they named her Chastity. When she became a young adult, Sonny had a difficult time with her announcement that she was lesbian.
Their TV series, "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour," was a great hit from its debut on 8/01/1971 until it closed with their separation in 1974. Their relationship had begun to unravel with the pressure of touring. In mid-November 1972, Cher told Sonny that she was in love with Bill Hamm, the guitarist in their band. For the sake of their careers, they maintained appearances. By August 1973, Connie Foreman, a cigarette girl at a nightclub, had moved in with Sonny. They were sharing the same roof but with different - and changing - lovers. Their divorce was final on 6/26/1975.
The son of Italian immigrants, a truck driver dad and beautician mom, Bono tried to break into show business after graduating from high school in Inglewood, CA in 1952. Working as a delivery man, he ducked into record-company offices between stops to peddle his songs. By 1962 he was working in promotion for an independent record distributor. He was 27 and separated from his first wife when 16-year-old Cherilyn LaPierre caught his attention in 1963. She moved in with him but platonically as he thought she was gay. Cher assured him that she already had a history that included Warren Beatty and "some experimentation." Bono reported that they lived together for a month before their relationship became sexual, and he also admits that they never had a really good physical relationship.
If they were lukewarm in bed, onstage they turned out to sizzle. Cher began to sing backup for various groups but when given a chance to sing solo on "Baby Don't Go," she was so shy that she insisted that Sonny sing with her, and a duo was born.
They married after their daughter was born, at about the time that the movie of the same name, "Chastity," flopped. Their every cent had been invested in the film; Sonny had to pawn a ring to pay for the baby's delivery. Saddled with debt, they hit the lounge circuit, where they first developed their repartee. By the fall of 1971, they had a prime-time TV hit.
After their divorce, Cher's star kept rising and Sonny had a tough time letting go of his 15 minutes of fame. He struggled through a bad marriage to model Susie Coelho, and opened a West Hollywood restaurant called Bono's in 1983. There he met Mary Whitaker, a 22-year-old USC graduate. Two years after their love-at-first-sight meeting, they married (the fourth time for Sonny) in 1986. They opened a restaurant in the resort town of Palm Springs, CA and had two kids. He was elected Mayor of Palm Springs on 4/12/1988 and continued a political career that took him to Washington, D.C., in spite of his limp handshake and a tendency toward indiscretion. After four years experience as mayor of the resort town, on 10/01/1991, he announced his candidacy for the Republican seat in the U.S. Senate. When asked "What makes you think you're up to the task," he answered, "What makes me think I can write ten hit songs when I don't know three cords, or what makes me think I can produce a top-five TV show," neatly ticking off his accomplishments. At the same time, he shied away from offering specific positions on issues. He lost the Republican primary for a special 1992 election for the U.S. Senate, finishing a distinct third. However, in 1994 he successfully won a Congressional seat, and won re-election in 1996.
His first hundred days in the House revealed that Bono may be more savvy than his rube exterior. Without a law degree, indeed without a high school diploma, he introduced his first bill and spoke up to the Judiciary Committee before ordering up 15 cheese pizzas for a break. Considered a joke by some, he let the put-downs roll off him as he continued a remarkable career of excelling at whatever he did.
He published his autobiography in 1991, "And The Beat Goes On."
Bono was killed in a skiing accident on 1/05/1998 when he hit a tree in South Lake Tahoe, CA. His wife and two young daughters had lagged behind after one of the girls stumbled. Bono, an experiences skier, was estimated to have been going between 20 and 30 miles per hour when he hit the tree and died instantly from blunt head trauma. The family waited for two hours at the foot of the run before the search began in the wooded area where his body was found. There was no evidence of substance or alcohol use, or of any other cause but accidental.
His widow, Mary Bono, handily won his congressional seat in a special election on 4/07/1998.
As Bono died without a will, his estate by law goes to his widow, Mary, and his kids. However, it is unclear just how many children he had. There is not only Christy (by his first wife), Chastity (by Cher), Chesare and Chianna (by Mary) but a California man, Sean Machu, claims that he is Bono's natural son and is ready to take a DNA test to prove it. Machu was born in 1964 from an affair that Bono had with his mom, Mimi, and is listed as the father on Sean's birth certificate.
- parent->child relationship with Bono, Chaz (born 4 March 1969)
- parent->child relationship with Bono, Chesare Elan (born 25 April 1988)
- parent->child relationship with Bono, Chianna Maria (born 2 February 1991)
- spouse relationship with Cher (born 20 May 1946). Notes: Bitter
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1959 (Daughter Christy by first wife Donna)
- Health : Medical procedure 1965 (Cosmetic surgery, nose job)
- Financial : Lose significant money 1968 (Half million dollars on movie)
- Financial : Lose significant money 1969 (IRS bill for $200,000)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 4 March 1969 (Daughter Chastity born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : End Major Project 1974 (The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1974 (Cher, both having other lovers)
- Relationship : Marriage 1981 (Third wife Susie Coelho)
- Relationship : Marriage 1986 (Mary, fourth marriage)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (Autobiography, The Beat Goes On)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
(He told Linda Clark 12:01 PM, but she said that he hesitated. He gave 9:21 PM to another colleague)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (High school dropout)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Fatal skiing accident)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Cosmetic surgery (Nose)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Cher)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Both unfaithful)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Four, plus one known illigitimate son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Homosexual (Gay daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (With movie)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Skiing)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Secondary)
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Restaurateur (Restaurant in Palm Springs)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Mayor of Palm Springs, House of Representatives)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection