|born on||21 November 1965 at 07:50 (= 07:50 AM )|
|Place||Reykjavík, Iceland, 64n09, 21w51|
|Timezone||WAT h1w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°50' 06°51 Asc. 15°34'|
Icelandic singer and recording artist. Bjork was a guest artist at the Hollywood Academy Award ceremonies on 3/25/2001, performing a song of hers nominated for an Oscar with a band and a 55 piece orchestra. She gained as much press coverage for the odd costume she wore, that of a swan draped over her body.
An alternative "techno-electronic" musical artist, Bjork has appeared in a movie, a tragic musical, "Dancer in the Dark" with Catherine Deneuve, for which she won Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
Bjork has always been a musician and claims that she thinks in music rather than words or pictures. Elfin, strange, quirky, unique, her voice is soaring and piercing; unearthly. She was a famous singer in Iceland by the age of 13, and in her late teens-early 20’s she formed a band. Singing in English, she became famous in the English-speaking world with their first album in early 1987. She soon was on her way to being a multi-millionaire with record sales.
Bjork is about 5 ft 3 in, which is very small for a Scandinavian woman, and has nearly black hair, also unusual; a strange brand of beauty. A single mother, she tends to go out with black musicians, although the father of her son is Icelandic. They never married but were together for a few years and he is still involved in the child's life. They were in an intense relationship that began when she was about 16, living together from the time they met. She wears a little silver pendant in the shape of a sperm.
Her millions of fans tend to be a bit quirky themselves, into technology and alternative ways of looking at the universe, including astrology. Along with musical talent, she is noted for temper that once led her into beating up a photographer. During the mid-80s she moved to London, England, where she lived for about a decade before getting homesick and returning to Iceland, where she actually owns her own island.
Her first band, the Sugarcubes, had a hit with their first album but their next two were less and less popular. She ditched the band (which at one point included her son's father) in the early '90s and went solo because she wanted to do electronic music (techno, the stuff people play at raves, music created partially on computers) and they did not. All her solo albums (about five by 2000) have been very successful. She works with extremely unique video directors and fashion designers to create the look she has -in one of her videos features two robots making love. Bjork has more "credibility," respect for her artistic talents, from reviewers and fans than almost anybody else working today--she's considered the artist of the pop world. Madonna pursued her in a desperate attempt to do a duet together, but Bjork refused, consenting only to write a song and letting Madonna record it without her.
(http://ebweb.tuwien.ac.at/ortner/tia/95/interview9506/interview9506.html). According to Liza Hall, quoting biographical material, Bjork has a second child, Isadora, who was three or four in May 2006 and is the daughter of American conceptual artist Matthew Barney.
- associate relationship with Madonna (born 16 August 1958). Notes: collaborators
- associate relationship with Mondino, Jean-Baptiste (born 21 July 1949)
- associate relationship with Shlomo (born 20 October 1983). Notes: Musical collaboration on "Oceania," 2004
- Work : New Career 1987 (First record a big hit)
- Work : Prize 21 May 2000 in Cannes (Won "Best Actress" at Cannes Film Festival)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 3 October 2002 (gave birth to daughter Isadora Bjarkardottir Barney)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : End significant relationship 2013 (end 13 year relationship with Matthew Barney)
Liza Hall quotes her in "Interview" magazine article with John Savage in 1995 (the June issue, I believe) , in which she talked about her own chart--her mother is apparently a hippy and had her chart done, and Bjork recited enough of the details to enable us to figure out her time of birth. She was born Bjork Gudmundsdottir in Reykjavik, Iceland on November 21, 1965, and she's a triple (!) Scorpio. She herself said, "My mum is heavily into these things [astrology], and apparently I’m as much Scorpio as one can be... I've also got my moon in the twelfth house, in Scorpio, and my sun in Scorpio in the first house, and also Neptune. Then on my other half, my generational picture, I've got Pluto and Uranus in Virgo, and my midheaven is in conjunct with those two. Virgo is the sign of the nurse, so this means I was born to nurse my generation. I’m still 50-50 about whether this is true, but I was breast-fed on it." That gives her mid-Scorpio rising and of course a Virgo MC.
"The interview tells you pretty much everything you need to know about her personality, style and history. You can read it at various different places on the web. (Be warned: she *is* a Scorpio--there's a certain amount of foul language in this interview). Her own description of the charts gives a time that would be between about 7:45 and maybe 8:05 at the latest." Since the birth time is a rectification the RR was changed to C.
(Formerly, Paddy de Jabrun quoted her mother for 4:30 PM. LMR is unable to locate Jabrun in 5/2001, no answer to surface mail. The quote from Bjork is so definitive, that it must take priority.)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Voice piercing, unearthly)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two children)
- Family : Parenting : Parenting stressful (Unmarried mother)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (former lead singer of rock band)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (occasional)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (recorded first album at age 11)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (tours and performances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Sugarcubes)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (piano, keyboards, flute, harp, clarinet, harmonica)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Extremely popular)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music producer)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Actress- Cannes)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker