Bilandic, Michael Anthony
|Birthname||Michael Anthony Bilandic|
|born on||13 February 1923 at 16:20 (= 4:20 PM )|
|Place||Chicago IL, USA, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°13' 02°41 Asc. 13°29'|
American lawyer, jurist and politician, he practiced law with the same firm for 28 years. In 1955, the intense workaholic entered politics and was elected alderman on Chicago's city council. When Mayor Richard Daly died on December 20, 1976, Bilandic was appointed actor mayor. He ran successfully for the office in 1977. He was ousted by popular vote in the 1979 election. In 1984 he was appointed to the Illinois Appellate Court and six years later to the Illinois Supreme Court. From 1994 to 1996 he served as itsf Chief Justice.
He married Heather Morgan in 1977.
He died of heart failure on January 15, 2002 in Chicago.
- Relationship : Marriage 1977 (To Heather Morgan)
- Work : New Career 1955 (In politics)
- Work : Gain social status 1977 (Elected Mayor of Chicago)
- Work : Lose social status 1979 (Lost election to office of Chicago Mayor)
- Work : New Job 1984 (Appointed to Illinois Appellate Court)
- Work : Gain social status 1990 (Appointed to Illinois Supreme Court)
- Work : Gain social status 1994 (Became Chief Justice of Illinois Supreme Court)
Steinbrecher Collection: birth certificate in hand
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democrat)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Lawyer)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Politician)
- Vocation : Law : Jurist (Illinois Appellate and Supreme Court)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (heart failure)