Bhutto, Ali Zulfikar
|born on||5 January 1928 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Larkana, Pakistan, 27n33, 68e13|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°18' 12°07 Asc. 08°39'|
Pakistani politician and father of noted politician, Benazir Bhutto.
He served as the President of Pakistan from 1971 to 1973, and as the Prime Minister from 1973 to 1977. Although he was popular, he was overthrown and executed by the military.
Born into a very wealthy and influential family, he studied at United States universities as well as at Oxford University in England. He formed the Pakistan People's Party in 1967 with its foundation in Socialist principles. Although Bhutto's party won elections in 1977, the opposition accused him of fraud and General Zia-ul-Haq seized power. Bhutto was imprisoned and executed on April 4, 1979 in Rawalpindi.
His wife died in Dubai on October 23, 2011 at age 82. She had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease and cancer.
- parent->child relationship with Bhutto, Benazir (born 21 June 1953)
- spouse relationship with Bhutto, Nusrat (born 23 March 1929)
- has other family relationship with Zardari, Asifa (born 3 February 1993)
- has other family relationship with Zardari, Bakhtawar (born 25 January 1990)
Sy Scholfield quotes Salmaan Taseer's book, "Bhutto, A Political Biography"(Vikas, 1980), p. 21: "Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was born at 3 am on 5th January 1928 at Al Murtaza, the rambling family residence in Larkana"
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Executed
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state