|Birthname||Lloyd Millard Bentsen, Jr.|
|born on||11 February 1921 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Mission, Texas, 26n13, 98w20|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°06' 29°18 Asc. 10°11'|
American politician, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, named as vice-presidential running mate to candidate Michael Dukakis on 7/13/1988. With a background of nearly a quarter of a century in the House and Senate, he was known for voting moderate to conservative and for his urbane, emphatic leadership. At the elections in November 1988, Republican George Bush won the presidency.
From a wealthy gentry family background, Bentsen met model Beryl Ann Longino when he was a young military officer in 1941, studying at the University of Austin. They corresponded, and married on 11/27/1943 after actually only six dates.
Bentsen went into active service 1942-1945 and was decorated with the Distinguished Flying Cross before leaving the military. He and both brothers were aviators in WW II and he flew 50 missions in B-24s as one of the youngest squadron commanders in the Army Air Corps. He passed the bar in 1945 while still in the army and served as a Judge from 1945-1948.
He then became the youngest member of the U.S. House of Representatives. After three terms he left the House and used his family's wealth to establish a successful insurance and investment business in Houston. He was soon a multi-millionaire in his own right and ready to run for public office again. In 1970 he was the party's Senate nominee, and beat George Bush for the post.
Known as an aristocrat, Bentsen had few close friends in Congress and even when relaxing at his 130-acre farm in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia was said to wear elegant calfskin boots and tailored clothes. Fluent in Spanish, his civil rights record leaned toward the liberal. He has a keen political instinct and is a consummate negotiator, well-organized, fair and attentive to detail. Calm, well-prepared and self-assured, he is always cautious and in control. These same qualities tend to make him bland and hard to know.
The Bentsen's had three kids, two boys and a girl. Their first grandchild died of cancer at the age of two and two other grandchildren were born handicapped. The family is close-knit and Bentsen is passionate on issues that address the welfare of children.
The 85-year-old politician died on the morning of May 23, 2006 at 8:45 AM local time at his home in Houston, TX (time taken from a CNN news report). He had been suffering from declining health since suffering a stroke in 1999.
- associate relationship with Moynihan, Daniel (born 16 March 1927)
- boss relationship with Dukakis, Michael (born 3 November 1933). Notes: 1988 U.S. Dem. Presidential Ticket
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1941 (Beryl Ann Longino)
- Social : Joined group 1942 (Three year stint WW II, aviator bomber squadron)
- Social : End a program of study 1945 (Passed the Bar exam)
- Work : New Career 1945 (Three years as Judge)
- Work : New Career 1970 (Senate nomination)
- Work : Lose social status 7 November 1988 (Lost election as V.P. with Dukakis as Prez)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1999 (Stroke)
- Death by Disease 23 May 2006 at 08:45 AM in Houston, TX (Age 85 of "natural causes")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Wealthy gentry)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1943)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two boys, one girl)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (One grandchild died of cancer; two handicapped)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Multi-millionaire)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (85 years old)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Law : Jurist (Judge)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost (Ran for V.P. with Dukakis campaign)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Senate and House of Representatives)
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (130 acre farm)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Diplomacy (Negotiator, well organized)