|Birthname||Belloc, Joseph Pierre|
|born on||27 July 1870 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||St. Cloud, France, 48n50, 2e11|
|Timezone||LMT m2e11 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°21' 24°24 Asc. 09°27'|
French-British writer and Catholic controversialist who attacked secularism and capitalist plutocracy while defending traditional views in prose that were strong, but eloquent. Educated at the Balliol College in Oxford, where he won many honors, he went into service in the French Army and later became a naturalized citizen of England, 1902. Belloc served as a Liberal Member of Parliament, 1906-1910.
His writing tended to be melancholy while showing a zest for the physical life. He published an eclectic variety, everything from nonsense children's verse to historical biographies, travel books, satirical novels and a four-volume "History of England."
Belloc married an American, Elodie Hogan in 1896, and he died on 7/16/1953, Guilford, England.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1894 (Balliol College in Oxford)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1896 (Released children's book of verse)
- Relationship : Marriage 1896 (Elodie Hogan)
- Social : Joined group 1902 (Became a citizen of England)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1902 (A travel book)
- Work : New Career 1906 (Liberal Member of Parliament)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1925 (Four-volume history book)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher (PC gave 6:00 PM from biographer R. Speight "The Life of Hilaire Belloc")
annotation mik: I don't see that this source can be AA, because, when I wrote to St.Cloud I received the following answer:
"aucun renseignement concernant Mr Hilaire Belloc à St. Cloud." (absolutely no news about Mr. Belloc concerning his
birthtime". That is: you cannot find in the Birth Register!)
Would it not be better to put it at "X" before having information ?
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Honors at Oxford)
- Traits : Personality : Pessimist (Melancholy)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (French Army)
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Children's verse and novels)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (History)