Baudouin, King of Belgium
|Birthname||Baudouin Albert Charles Léopold Axel Marie Gustave|
|born on||7 September 1930 at 16:25 (= 4:25 PM )|
|Place||Laeken, Belgium, 50n53, 4e21|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°16' 09°04 Asc. 09°04'|
Belgian royalty, the first born son of King Leopold III and Princess Astrid. His mom was killed in an auto accident just before he was five. At nine, he fled with his family to Portugal during the time of the German invasion, but returned to live under guard during the Nazi occupation. Post-war, he completed his schooling in Switzerland and returned to Belgium to assume his title. His coronation occurred on 7/17/1951 when his dad abdicated the throne.
Baudouin married Fabiola de Mora y Aragon, the daughter of a Spanish Count; they were childless.
Baudouin reigned for 42 years and was a reclusive monarch. He was shy, avoided the glitter and was seldom seen in public. He was not fond of politics, and had once wanted to be a Trappist monk. After two years of ill health, he died of a heart attack on 7/31/1993 while vacationing in Spain. His 59 year-old brother Albert took over the throne.
- child->parent relationship with Astrid, Queen of Belgium (born 17 November 1905)
- child->parent relationship with Leopold III, King of Belgium (born 3 November 1901)
- spouse relationship with Fabiola, Queen of Belgium (born 11 June 1928)
- sibling relationship with Albert II, King of Belgium (born 6 June 1934)
- sibling relationship with Alexandre, Prince of Belgium (born 18 July 1942). Notes: Half-siblings, different mother
- sibling relationship with Joséphine Charlotte, Princess of Belgium (born 11 October 1927)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Christine, Princess of Belgium (born 6 February 1951). Notes: Half-siblings, different mother
- sibling relationship with Marie-Esméralda, Princess of Belgium (born 30 September 1956). Notes: Half-siblings, different mother
Luc de Marre quotes B.C.
- Traits : Personality : Shy (Shy, reclusive)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age five when mom killed in accident)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Belgium)