Batten, Mark Wilfrid
|Birthname||Mark Wilfrid Batten|
|born on||21 July 1905 at 00:15 (= 12:15 AM )|
|Place||Kirkcaldy, Scotland, 56n07, 3w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°33' 18°46 Asc. 06°08'|
Scottish artist, primarily known for his work in sculpture although he began his career as a painter. He began sculpting in granite in 1927. His work of nudes at first caused a brouhaha. In 1950 he had an exhibit at the Paris Salon which conveyed on him a gold medal
He married Elsie Thorneloe in 1933 and they had one child, a daughter named Griselda. In 1961 Elsie was murdered while working in a London antique shop.
Batten was President of the Royal Society of Sculptors from 1956-1961.
He died January 4, 1993, age 87.
- Family trauma 1961 (wife found murdered)
- Death of Mate 1961
Steinbrecher Collection: Paul Wright quotes birth certificate
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, sculptor)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daugher)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs