|born on||25 September 1929 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Bedford, England, 52n08, 0w29|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°58' 24°47 Asc. 16°48'|
British actor and comedian, a bit plump, a co-star with Ronnie Corbett in the British TV sitcom "The Two Ronnies." He was also seen in "Porridge" (a jail sitcom, co-starring Richard Beckinsale as his jail mate,) as well as "Open all Hours," a sitcom based in a northern English corner-shop, so-starring with David Jason.
Barker retired at the peak of his profession and wrote a great biography about his early days in theatre.
Barker was awarded an OBE for his distinguished work and was recognized by his peers as well as his audiences as an outstanding professional. In 2004 the British Academy of Film and Television Arts paid him high tribute. Suffering from heart disease, the much-loved British comedian died on October 3, 2005 at age 76.
- business associate/partner relationship with Corbett, Ronnie (born 4 December 1930)
Pete Watson quotes him, "letter to me from memory."
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Sitcom)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer