Barbara von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach
|born on||24 September 1495 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1495 greg.) at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Ansbach, Germany, 49n17, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°35' 12°02 Asc. 27°28'|
German royalty, a princess of Brandenburg-Ansbach by birth and marriage Landgravine of Leuchtenberg.
Barbara was a daughter of Margrave Frederick the Elder of Brandenburg-Ansbach and Bayreuth (1460-1536) from his marriage to Sophia Jagiellon (1464-1512), daughter of King Casimir IV Jagiello of Poland.
She married on 29 September 1510 at the Plassenburg to Landgrave George III of Leuchtenberg (1502-1555). She brought a dowry of 10000 guilders into the marriage and a dower of 3000 guilders was settled on her.
In 1549, she apologized in writing to her many relatives, because her son had married the very wealthy Matilda de la Marck-Arenberg, without consulting most of her relatives. The marriage had been mediated by her brother Albert and was instrumental in restorng the financial health of the Landgraviate.
Barbara died on 23 September 1552.
From her marriage, Barbara had the following children: George IV (d. 1553); Louis Henry (1529-1567), Landgrave of Leuchtenberg; Elisabeth (1537/8-1579); and Barbara.
- sibling relationship with Albert of Prussia (born 17 May 1490 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1490 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 5 May 1487 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1487 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 26 March 1494 Jul.Cal. (4 Apr 1494 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg der Fromme (born 4 March 1484 Jul.Cal. (13 Mar 1484 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 9 January 1493 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1493 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Kasimir von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (born 27 September 1481 Jul.Cal. (6 Oct 1481 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 10 March 1485 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1485 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 428: "Barbara, geboren 1495 den 24ten Sept. früh um 5 Uhr." [Translation: Barbara was born in 1495 on 24 Sept. at 5 o'clock in the early hours.]
- Notable : Famous : Royal family