|born on||28 March 1940 at 05:46 (= 05:46 AM )|
|Place||Newton, Massachusetts, 42n20, 71w13|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°37' 10°29 Asc. 10°44'|
American writer who dedicated his sixth novel, "Affliction," to his dad, a pipe fitter who died in 1979. With an alcoholic father, he experienced a childhood of turbulence and confusion. He was the eldest of four kids and was beat up by his dad every once in a while. Despite his home life, he excelled in sports and academics. When he was 12, his dad left the family, leaving a love-hate relationship behind him.
Banks became a clerk, and was married and a father at the age of 19. He repeated his dad's pattern of abusive drinking and was divorced in 1960. His second marriage occurred in 1963, lasted until 1977 and produced three daughters. After his divorce, he went back to school, working as a teacher as he wrote. His third marriage lasted for five years, and the fourth was to poet Chase Twichell.
"Continental Drift," 1985, was his fifth novel.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1960 (First marriage after a year)
- Relationship : Marriage 1963 (Second marriage)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1977 (Second marriage)
- Death of Father 1979 (Love-hate relationship)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Continental Drift)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Dad an alcoholic)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of four kids)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage a year)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Fourth wife poet Chase Twichell)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Public school)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Ten acclaimed works)