|born on||17 April 1916 at 15:40 (= 3:40 PM )|
|Place||Balagoda, Ceylon, 6n00, 80e13|
|Timezone||R4T h5e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°05' 17°04 Asc. 25°15'|
Ceylon politician, the first female Prime Minister of Ceylon. She was elected to the post in 1960, following her husband's assassination, and served until 1977. Born to a wealthy and aristocratic family, she married Bandaranaike and had three kids. When her husband was killed on 9/25/1959, she entered the political ring, working with the Party until 1964. The following year, her Party had a political split and she was defeated, but she was re-elected in 1970 and 1975.
Bandaranaike, 84, died of a heart attack 10/10/2000 shortly after casting her ballot in the parliamentary election that saw her daughter, President Chandrika Kumaratunga, gain enough seats to form a new coalition government. She was buried in state at Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- spouse relationship with Bandaranaike, R.D. (born 8 January 1899)
- Work : Gain social status 1960 (Elected Prime Minister of Ceylon)
- Work : Gain social status 1970 (Re-elected as Prime Minister of Ceylon)
Church of Light quotes AFA, 2/1965, AQ, Summer/1965, gives the same, Ceylon time. Abayakoon in AQ, Fall/1960, gives 5:22 PM LT. Steinbrecher suggests Ratnapura, 80 E.24, 6 N.41
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Prime Minister of Ceylon)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Husband assassinated)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (R.D. Bandaranaike)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)