Baker, Joy Dirksen
|born on||10 February 1929 at 01:10 (= 01:10 AM )|
|Place||Pekin IL, USA, 40n35, 89w38|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°05' 27°34 Asc. 23°22'|
American noted family, the only child of Senator Everett Dirksen, who served as the Majority Leader for years. She also was the wife of Senator Howard Baker; they were married on 12/22/1951. An alcoholic, the death of her dad in the fall of 1969 precipitated severely heavy drinking. Baker was passed over by President Ford as a running mate due to her drinking problem. In and out of clinics for years, she was once in a hospital for eight months. She went to psychiatrists and AA, which helped her to stay dry for a while, but then went back to binge drinking. In 1987 she was diagnosed with cancer.
Died of cancer on April 24, 1993, Huntsville, TN.
- parent relationship with Dirksen, Louella Carver (born 27 March 1899)
- spouse relationship with Baker, Howard (born 15 November 1925). Notes: Bitter very
- Death of Father 1969 (Caused severe drinking)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1987 (Cancer)
T.P. Davis quotes Buell Huggins for B.C.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Severe, unsuccessfull attempts at AA)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad a Senator)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Howard Baker)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : 12 step group (AA intermittantly)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women