|Birthname||Bruce Edward Babbitt|
|born on||27 June 1938 at 22:16 (= 10:16 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°53' 11°19 Asc. 02°05'|
American politician who announced in May 1987, while the Governor of Arizona, that he would run for the Democratic Presidential nomination. He was not selected, and he took a post as Secretary of the Interior in Clinton's cabinet in February 1993 where he set about revitalizing the National Park Service and increasing the protection of endangered species. Conservation groups embraced him warmly, looking for his efforts to overhaul mining, grazing, water and timber policies in the West.
Babbitt is appropriately suited to carry the environmental message as he comes from a cattle-ranching family, a third-generation Arizona pioneer. He holds a master's degree in geophysics and a Harvard law degree. A graduate of Notre Dame magna cum laude, with post grad work at the University of Newcastle, England, 1962 and Harvard, 1965, he became Arizona attorney general 1975-78 and Governor 1978-87.
He is the author of two books, "Color and Light," and "Grand Canyon: an Anthology."
In 1969 he married Hattie, an attorney; two sons, Christopher and T.J. The family opted to stay in their middle-class Phoenix neighborhood home even when Babbitt became governor. They have a cooperative marriage and believe in hands-on parenting. On weekends, the family heads for their rustic cabin in Red Creek Canyon where they thrive on hiking, fishing, skiing and white-water rafting. Babbitt relates that after 20 years of marriage, his relationship with Hattie is better, stronger and richer than ever.
On 3/27/2000, Babbitt previewed the long-waited Yosemite Valley Plan which would go far to restore and protect the park's splendor without inconveniencing tourists.
- (has as) worker relationship with Bettwy, Andrew Leo (born 31 May 1920)
- Relationship : Marriage 1969 (Long-term marriage to Hattie)
- Work : New Job 1975 (Arizona attorney general, three years)
- Work : New Job 1978 (Arizona Governor, nine years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 27 March 2000 (Presented Yosemite Valley Plan)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Marion March (Same in Gauquelin Book of American Charts)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Several degrees)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Magna cum laude)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (Stronger as years go by)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Strong family man)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Ecologist)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Secretary of the Interior)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Governor of Arizona)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction