Auguste Viktoria, Empress of Germany
|Birthname||Auguste Victoria Friederike Luise Feodora Jenny vo|
|born on||22 October 1858 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Dolzig, Germany, 51n45, 14e58|
|Timezone||LMT m14e58 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°35' 23°46 Asc. 07°00'|
Last German Empress and Queen of Prussia. On 27 February 1881, Augusta married Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, who would be ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918. He was a grandson of the British Queen Victoria and related to many monarchs and princes of Europe.
Kaiserin Augusta gave birth to seven children by Wilhelm II:
- William, German Crown Prince (1882–1951); married Duchess Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
- Prince Eitel Friedrich (1883–1942); married Duchess Sophia Charlotte of Oldenburg.
- Prince Adalbert (1884–1948); married Princess Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen.
- Prince August Wilhelm (1887–1949); married Princess Alexandra Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
- Prince Oskar (1888–1958); married Countess Ina Marie von Bassewitz.
- Prince Joachim (1890–1920); married Princess Marie-Auguste of Anhalt.
- Princess Victoria Louise (1892–1980); married Ernest Augustus, Duke of Brunswick.
In 1920, the shock of exile and abdication, combined with the breakdown of Joachim's marriage and his subsequent suicide, proved too much for Augusta. She died in 1921, in House Doorn at Doorn in the Netherlands. The Weimar Republic allowed her remains to be transported back to Germany, where they still lie in the Temple of Antiquities, not far from the New Palace, Potsdam.
- parent->child relationship with Adalbert, Prince of Prussia (born 14 July 1884)
- parent->child relationship with August Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia (1887) (born 29 January 1887)
- parent->child relationship with Eitel Friedrich, Prince of Prussia (born 7 July 1883)
- parent->child relationship with Joachim, Prince of Prussia (born 17 December 1890)
- parent->child relationship with Oskar, Prince of Prussia (born 27 July 1888)
- parent->child relationship with Viktoria Luise, Princess of Prussia (born 13 September 1892)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelm, Crown Prince of Germany (born 6 May 1882)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich VIII, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein (born 6 July 1829)
- spouse relationship with Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany (born 27 January 1859)
Taerger archive, quotes Arno Müller vol. 3, "Standesamt?"
Sy Scholfield cites same data from birth record quoted in "Deutschlands letzte Kaiserin" (Göttinger, 1972), p. 27: "Im Kirchenbuch von Dolzig, das wohl in den Stürmen des Zusammenbruchs von 1945 untergegangen sein wird, fand sich die Eintragung: »Den 22. Oktober früh 7 1/2 Uhr, geboren: Auguste Viktoria Luise Feodora Jenny, eheliches Mädchen.."
Translation: 'In the parish register of Dolzig ... is the registration of Auguste Viktoria Luise Feodora Jenny, a girl born on 22 October at 7:30 in the morning.'
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure