|Birthname||Mackenzie Alexander Astin|
|born on||12 May 1973 at 11:52 (= 11:52 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||21°54' 01°47 Asc. 14°16'|
American noted family, the son of actress Patty Duke and actor John Astin. He had a three-year run on the '80s sitcom "The Facts of Life," after which he returned to finish high school with plans for journalism. At 23, he has scored parts in two recent movies, "In Love and War," and in "The Evening Star," both in 1997. He makes his leading man debut in "Dream for an Insomniac."
Off the set, he shares a West Los Angeles home with two buddies and a couple cats, keeping in touch with his parents who divorced in 1985.
On 3/19/2001, Astin's new series made its debut, "First Years," in which he plays a gay lawyer. He takes no issue with playing a homosexual; however, Astin will not take the role of a criminal or murderer as it would conflict his anti-violent Buddhist beliefs.
- child->parent relationship with Duke, Patty (born 14 December 1946)
- sibling relationship with Astin, Sean (born 25 February 1971). Notes: Half-siblings, same mother
- Work : New Career 1980 (Sitcom " The Facts Of Life")
- Family : Parents divorced 1985
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (1985)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Cats)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Lives with two buddies)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Buddhist)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Facts of Life for three years)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection