|Birthname||Assagioli, Roberto Grego Todesco|
|born on||27 February 1888 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Venice, Italy, 45n27, 12e21|
|Timezone||LST m12e29 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°20' 07°53 Asc. 02°29'|
Italian psychiatrist; founder of psychosynthesis, which included both psychoanalysis and the wisdom of spiritual traditions. His work was often described as "height psychology."
As a young medical student in 1910, Assagioli introduced Sigmund Freud’s discoveries to his professors in Florence. He simultaneously appreciated the benefits of the radical new approach known as psychoanalysis and laid the foundation for a critique of its limitations. Assagioli observed that psychoanalysis neglected the higher aspects of human nature; Freud himself was quoted as saying that his work dealt with exploring the ground and basement of the ‘house,’ leaving the attic to be explored by others.
Assagioli took key principles from esoteric spiritual approaches, especially the work of Alice Bailey, and put them in a psychological context, although he didn’t explicitly state their part in his work. His purpose was to create a scientific approach that embraced the whole person, including creativity, will, joy and wisdom, as well as impulses and drives. He wanted this integrative approach to be practical in helping people live better and more fully.
He was known for his personal goodness, patient understanding of co-workers, students, and clients, wisdom and selfless compassion in service to others. Upon meeting the aged doctor, one client recalls that before they even spoke, there was a non-verbal communication and an awesome inner glow and joy that shone through from his smiling eyes and radiant being.
Assagioli died quietly on 8/23/1974.
- friend relationship with Bailey, Alice A. (born 16 June 1880)
- friend relationship with May, Rollo (born 21 April 1909). Notes: Pioneers of Humanistic-Existential Psychology, Will
- (has as) boss relationship with Huber, Bruno (born 29 November 1930). Notes: Swiss astrologer Huber worked some time as his assistant
B.C. in hand from Bordoni (12:00 PM Rome time)
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust (Thoughtful, considerate and wise)
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management (Chairman, Director)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychiatrist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded psychosynthesis)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Science field)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection