|Birthname||Matthew Nile Ashford|
|born on||29 January 1960 at 06:37 (= 06:37 AM )|
|Place||Davenport, Iowa, 41n31, 90w35|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°37' 25°40 Asc. 24°25'|
American actor, the star of several popular TV soap series.
Matt is the third youngest of eight kids with four brothers and three sisters. Competing for attention, he performed in a local play at 12 and was bitten by the acting bug. In high school he continued to play in local theater and after graduation, attended the highly accredited North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem. During the summer months he and a friend worked as street performers doing mime, magic, juggling and improv. He earned his first pro paycheck with the Ragamuffin Magic & Mime Company.
After completing the NC School of the Arts, in 1982, with a B.F.A. in Theatre he followed his star to New York City. He was discovered by ABC for the TV soap, "One Life to Live," 1982-’83. He then toured with a troupe performing "Member of the Wedding" which soon led to his second soap, "Search For Tomorrow, " 1983 to December 1986. He won several awards including Soap Opera Digest's Best Villain in 1989.
Matt met his future wife, Christina Saffran, in Hawaii in 1985. Their daughter, Grace, was born on 6/15/1992 while he was playing on "Day's of Our Lives." In September 1993 he left that series after six successful years. A second daughter, Emma Cecily, was born on 7/23/1997. When Emma was a week shy of four months, they were horrified to find that she had a rare form of eye cancer, Retinoblastoma that rendered her legally blind. Over the next two years the baby had chemotherapy and treatment which decreased the tumors. Their child’s illness brought a vivid new focus into their lives and took them into work with the non-profit group, Vistas For Blind Children, Inc., working to help raise awareness and funding for research.
When not involved in a soap, Matt kept active in live theater as well as doing guest shots on TV series and a few minor film roles.
- Social : End a program of study 1982 (Graduated from NC School of the Arts)
- Work : New Career 1982 (Appeared on "One Life to Live")
- Work : New Job 1983 (Started on "Search for Tomorrow")
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1985 (Future wife Christina Saffran)
- Work : Prize 1989 (Soap Opera Digest's Best Villain Award)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 15 June 1992 (Daughter Grace born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 23 July 1997 (Daughter Emma Cecily born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. 4/2000
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Eight kids)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of eight)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two girls)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Daughter has eye cancer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (First stage at 12)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Magic (While young)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Mime (While young)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Soap role)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Villain Award)