|born on||18 November 1936 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Todi, Italy, 42n47, 12e24|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°07' 15°13 Asc. 12°11'|
Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal since 2003. Formerly, from March 2001, he served as Archbishop of Florence.
After he attended seminary in his hometown of Todi, he pursued additional studies in Assisi, Rome, and Perugia where he studied philosophy and theology. He was ordained a priest for the diocese of Todi in 1960. In 1966 he earned a degree in Latin and Greek from the University of Perugia, subsequently earning his teaching certificate in history, art, philosophy. Early in his ecclesiastical career, he taught the classics and art history in Umbrian high schools.
Before he was named a Bishop in 1982, he had become rector of the Seminary of Perugia and a professor of theology in Assisi. As Bishop, he headed the diocese of Gubbio. In 1988 he was advanced to Archbishop of Perugia-Citta del Pieve, from which see he stepped down in 1995 to become Secretary-General of the Italian Episcopal Conference.
He is considered to be somewhat moderate in the Catholic hierarchy, concerned about social teachings and promulgating his love of beauty.
- Work : New Career 1960 (Ordained a priest)
- Work : Gain social status 1982 (Advanced to Bishop)
- Work : Gain social status 1988 (Elevated to Archbishop)
- Work : Gain social status 2003 (Became Cardinal)
Grazia Bordoni quotes birth certificate
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Roman Catholic Cardinal)