|born on||8 July 1900 at 06:25 (= 06:25 AM )|
|Place||Trenton NJ, USA, 40n14, 74w44|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°48' 24°52 Asc. 06°39'|
American composer who shocked audiences in the 1920s with his use of jazz rhythms and mechanical devices in symphonic music. He began study of piano at age six. During a tour in Berlin, 1922, he introduced his composition, "First Symphony." He lived in Paris until 1933 when he moved to the U.S. to compose for films, while still continuing his work for the concert halls.
Antheil died 2/12/1959 in New York from a heart attack.
- Death by Heart Attack February 1959 (Age 58)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1922 (Introduced "First Symphony")
- Family : Change residence 1933 (Moved to the U.S.)
Rudhyar quotes him
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano since age six)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. and France)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack