Anne Cecil, Countess of Oxford
|born on||5 December 1556 Jul.Cal. (15 Dec 1556 greg.) at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°06' 07°23 Asc. 20°49'|
English countess and poet, the daughter of the statesman William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley, chief adviser to Queen Elizabeth I of England, and the translator Mildred Cooke. On 19 December 1571 she became the first wife of Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford. They had five children. She served as a Maid of Honour to Queen Elizabeth before her marriage. Anne died 5 June 1588 at the age of 31 of unknown causes.
- associate relationship with Elizabeth I, Queen of England (born 7 September 1533 Jul.Cal. (17 Sep 1533 greg.)). Notes: Maid of Honour
- child->parent relationship with Cecil, William (born 13 September 1520 Jul.Cal. (23 Sep 1520 greg.))
- spouse relationship with de Vere, Edward 17th Earl of Oxford (born 12 April 1550 Jul.Cal. (22 Apr 1550 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Cecil, Elizabeth (born 1 July 1564 Jul.Cal. (11 July 1564 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Calendar of the Cecil Papers in Hatfield House" edited by E. Salisbury (1915). : 1576, "A Table collected of the yeares of oure Lorde God, and of the yeares of the Kynges of Englande, from the fyrst yeare of William Conquerour. Londini, 1561. Imprinted by John Waley." The above contains many MS. notes by Burghley, beginning at A.D. 1100. Among them the following: '1556, Dec. 5. Inter hor. 11 et 12 noct. nata est Anna Cecill.' [born between 11 and 12 at night].
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (De Vere family, Cecil family)