|Birthname||Anderson, Jack Northman|
|born on||19 October 1922 at 22:18 (= 10:18 PM )|
|Place||Long Beach CA, USA, 33n47, 118w11|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°05' 21°45 Asc. 18°31'|
American newspaper political reporter since 1947 with hard-hitting exposes of scandal and corruption in high places. Not only was his "Washington Merry-Go-round" syndicated in 746 papers with millions of readers, but he was massively popular on radio and TV broadcasts. Anderson was also the author of political biographies.
Called a muckraker by some, Anderson was sued in 1981 when he wrote in three articles in the Investigator that the ultraconservative Liberty Lobby and its founder, Willis Carto, were Neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic and racist. Carto and his organization sued Anderson for libel, claiming they had used unreliable sources. Citing the First Amendment, the case was dismissed before it went to trial.
A Mormon, he married on 8/10/1949. Anderson had nine kids.
A Pulitzer Prize winner, he was as active as ever at 75 after reporting for 50 years. His column continued in 300 papers and he was the chair for Young Astronauts, which has two million members, and Citizens Against Government Waste.
- Crime : Law suit 1981 (Sued for libel, case dismissed)
Contemporary Sidereal Horoscopes (Gauquelin Book of American Charts gives October 9 in error. The 19th is confirmed by his wife to Joanne Clancy of AA)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Secondary)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1949)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Political journalist)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer (Political biographer)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Mormon)
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Traits : Personality : Articulate