|born on||4 April 1894 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Stettin, Germany, 53n24, 14e32|
|Timezone||LMT m14e32 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°15' 18°15 Asc. 06°19'|
German scientist, an archaeologist, translator and author. Amelung was an authority of classic epoch Greek and Florentine art, and the translator of Sophocles. A wealthy homosexual, he lived in Rome giving tours and lectures and translating Greek classics. During WWI, he was forced to return to Germany. After WWI, he was put in charge of cataloging the Vatican collection of ancient Greek sculpture.
He died 9/12/1927, Bad Nauheim, Germany.
Gauquelin Vol 2/3183
- Vocation : Science : Other Science (Archaeologist)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Art)
- Vocation : Art : Art critic (Authority of Greek and Florentine art)
- Vocation : Writers : Translator (Sophocles)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male