|born on||5 October 1951 at 10:11 (= 10:11 AM )|
|Place||Carollton IL, USA, 39n18, 90w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°37' 10°52 Asc. 00°28'|
American actress, a skinny, wide-eyed, raspy-voiced brunette leading lady of the stage, TV and films. As a youngster, she overcame temporary blindness following a conjunctivitis condition, to begin a screen career in the late '70s. She reached a peak as the female lead in the blockbuster "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1981. Other films include "Malcolm X," 1992 and "Ghost in the Machine," 1993.
At age 49, unable to get parts after taking time off for her baby and a divorce, she turned her passion for knitting into a post-acting venture and opened a store in 2005 in Great Barrington, MA called Karen Allen Fiber Arts. Although she had been knitting since age 5, she enrolled in New York's Fashion Institue of Technology to help her learn the art of design and marketing. Her shop displays hand-made beautifully designed knitwear and sweaters that sell for a hefty price tag to her well-heeled clientele.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Malcolm X)
- Work : Begin Major Project 2005 (Opened knitwear shop)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Raspy voiced)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Skinny)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Temp. blindness due to conjunctivitus)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Retail design and knitwear shop)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)