Alfonso XII, King of Spain
|Birthname||Alfonso Francisco de Asís Fernando Pío Juan|
|born on||28 November 1857 at 22:15 (= 10:15 PM )|
|Place||Madrid, Spain, 40n24, 3w41|
|Timezone||LMT m3w41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°43' 00°58 Asc. 21°40'|
Spanish royalty, proclaimed King on 12/29/1874. He married his cousin Maria de las Mercedes on 1/23/1878, a love match that turned into tragedy when she died within six months, 7/27/1878. For state reasons, Alfonso married Maria Christina of Austria and they had two daughters and one son. The latter, Alfonso XIII was born after his dad died on 11/25/1885, Castle El Prado, Spain, age 27.
- parent->child relationship with Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (born 17 May 1886)
- parent->child relationship with Mercedes, Princess of Asturias (born 11 September 1880)
- child->parent relationship with de Asís de Borbón, Francisco (born 13 May 1822)
- child->parent relationship with Isabel II, Queen of Spain (born 10 October 1830)
- spouse relationship with de Orleans, Maria de las Mercedes (born 24 June 1860)
- sibling relationship with del Pilar de Borbón, Maria (born 4 June 1861)
- sibling relationship with Infanta Eulalia of Spain (born 12 February 1864)
- sibling relationship with María Cristina de Borbón y Borbón (born 5 January 1854)
- sibling relationship with Princess of Asturias, Isabella (born 20 December 1851)
- other kin relationship with de Bourbon the Sicilies y Bourbon, Ferdinand (born 6 March 1903)
- Death, Cause unspecified 25 November 1885 at 12:00 noon in Castle El Prado, Spain (Age 28 less three days)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "SPAIN: ACCOUCHEMENT OF THE QUEEN," Manchester Guardian, 1 December 1857, p. 2: "A telegraphic despatch from Madrid . . . announces that the Queen was safely delivered of a son at half-past ten o'clock on Saturday night."
Previously this data was rated C: David Fisher quotes Andre Barbault. Penfield Collection quotes Sabian Symbols No.25 (no time given) for same.
In July 2015, Eduardo Castellanos reports on the forum: according to the birth record http://boe.es/datos/pdfs/BOE//1857/1791/A00001-00002.pdf the birth time is 22:15 (not 22:30): "... The Queen felt unwell after noon, with the first announcements of the approaching birth, which began shortly after five in the afternoon, from which time, until the quarter past ten p.m. when the safe delivery was verified, giving His Majesty born a strong Prince, it did not occur any problem ". Rodden Rating has been upgraded to AA.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First wife died after six months marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First marriage)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters; one son born posthumous)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Spain)