|Birthname||William Brian de Lacy Aherne|
|born on||2 May 1902 at 10:40 (= 10:40 AM )|
|Place||Birmingham, England, 52n30, 1w50|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°05' 28°35 Asc. 09°51'|
British-American actor, who made his debut in 1923 and became a leading British player within seven years. He had formerly studied architecture at Malvern College. From 1929 he made U.S. films included "Song of Songs," "Juarez" and "Titanic," receiving an Oscar nomination for "Juarez" in 1939. His last Broadway play was in 1963, "Dear Liar."
He married Joan Fontaine 1939-43 with a second marriage in 1946. Died 2/10/1986.
- spouse relationship with Fontaine, Joan (born 22 October 1917)
- Family : Change residence 1929 (Moved to the U.S.)
- Work : Gain social status 1939 (Received an Oscar nomination)
- Relationship : Marriage 1939 (First wife Joan Fontaine)
Autobiography "A Proper Job" (1969, p.3), "Father stood in the rose garden at 11:00 o'clock on a bright morning when the nurse informed him that a son was born."
Born in King's Norton, a part of Birmingham, England.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Joan Fontaine, first wife)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)