Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge
|born on||24 February 1774 at 18:15 (= 6:15 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°16' 16°01 Asc. 14°48'|
British royalty. Prince Adolphus, 1st Duke of Cambridge, was the tenth child and seventh son of George III and Queen Charlotte. He held the title of Duke of Cambridge from 1801 until his death on 8 July 1850. He also served as Viceroy of Hanover on behalf of his brothers George IV and William IV. He was the grandfather of Mary of Teck, Queen consort of King George V and great-great-grandfather of the current monarch, Elizabeth II.
The Duke of Cambridge was married first at Kassel, Hesse on 7 May and then at Buckingham Palace on 1 June 1818 to his second cousin Augusta (25 July 1797 – 6 April 1889), the third daughter of Prince Frederick of Hesse. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had three children.
- parent->child relationship with Augusta, Princess of Cambridge (born 19 July 1822)
- parent->child relationship with George, Duke of Cambridge (born 26 March 1819)
- parent->child relationship with Mary Adelaide, Princess of Cambridge (born 27 November 1833)
- child->parent relationship with George III, King of England (born 4 June 1738)
- sibling relationship with Alfred, Prince of Great Britain (born 22 September 1780)
- sibling relationship with Amelia, Princess (born 7 August 1783)
- sibling relationship with Augusta Sophia, Princess of the United Kingdom (born 8 November 1768)
- sibling relationship with Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex (born 27 January 1773)
- sibling relationship with Charlotte, Princess (1766) (born 29 September 1766)
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth, Princess (born 22 May 1770)
- sibling relationship with Ernst August I, King of Hanover (born 5 June 1771)
- sibling relationship with Frederick, Duke of York and Albany (born 16 August 1763)
- sibling relationship with George IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 12 August 1762)
- sibling relationship with Mary, Princess (born 25 April 1776)
- sibling relationship with Octavius, Prince of Great Britain (born 23 February 1779)
- sibling relationship with Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (born 2 November 1767)
- sibling relationship with Sophia, Princess (born 3 November 1777)
- sibling relationship with William IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 21 August 1765)
- (has as) worker relationship with Soyer, Alexis (born 4 February 1810)
Sy Scholfield quotes "The Monthly Chronologer," London Magazine, or, Gentleman's Monthly Intelligencer, February 1774, p. 101: "Thursday 24. This day, at five o'clock in the afternoon, her majesty was taken in labour, and at a quarter past six was safely delivered of a prince." Same data in The Westminster Magazine, February 1774, p. 103.
Scholfield also quotes "Births," The Monthly Miscellany, March 1774, p. 157: "Feb. 24. About half an hour after six this evening, the Queen was happily delivered of a Prince. . . This great event was soon after made known by the firing of the Tower guns." Same data in Hibernian magazine, or, Compendium of entertaining knowledge, March 1774, p. 170.
Scholfield further quotes a biography with a different time of birth, but no source: "An Illustration of the Liturgy of the Church of England" by Thomas Pruen (Rivington, 1820), p. 124: "HRH Adolphus Frederick, Duke of Cambridge, their Majesties seventh son, and tenth child, was born February 24, 1774, at 5 o'clock in the afternoon."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family