Adelaide, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom
|Birthname||Adelheid Louise Theresa Caroline Amelia|
|born on||13 August 1792 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Meiningen, Germany, 50n34, 10e25|
|Timezone||LMT m10e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°43' 09°18 Asc. 08°50'|
Queen consort of the United Kingdom and of Hanover as spouse of William IV of the United Kingdom. Her father was George I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen; and her mother was Luise Eleonore, daughter of Prince Christian of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. She died 2 December 1849, aged 57, at Bentley Priory, Middlesex. Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia, is named after her.
- parent->child relationship with Charlotte, Princess (1819) (born 27 March 1819)
- spouse relationship with William IV, King of the United Kingdom (born 21 August 1765)
- sibling relationship with Bernhard II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 17 December 1800)
- sibling relationship with Ida, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 25 June 1794)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Chronik der Stadt Meiningen von 1676 bis 1834, Volume 1" by Hennebergischer altertumsforschender Verein (F. Keyssner, 1834), p. 128: "1792... Am 13. Aug. Abends 11 Uhr verkündigte der Donner der Kanonen, das Glockengeläute und Trompeten- und Paukenschall vom Schloß die Geburt einer Prinzessin."
Translation: In 1792 ... on August 13 in the evening at 11 o'clock the thunder of a cannon, and the ringing of bells, trumpets and timpani from the castle proclaimed the birth of a princess.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Meiningen)