Accident: Aircraft Explosion
|Birthname||Mitchell Airport, WI|
|born on||10 December 1993 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 43n02, 87w54|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°29' 10°15 Asc. 14°49'|
American accident, a fiery explosion of an aircraft during refueling; six men killed.
The KC-135 had minor electrical and avionics system problems that were being repaired. While repairs were being conducted by ground crew members, an explosion occurred in the centre wing fuel tank. A fire erupted, destroying the plane. The explosion was probably caused by am overheated fuel pump.
- compare to chart of Foran, Patrick (born 19 December 1961)
- compare to chart of Heath, Michael (born 3 January 1961)
- compare to chart of Russell, James (born 6 April 1960)
- compare to chart of Shurr, Russell (born 24 March 1958)
- compare to chart of Straszak, Roy (born 13 November 1936)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes news; time not given.
Readder Carlos Capatto pointed to http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19931210-0 which gives 7 am, based on a media report in Chicago Daily Herald, 1993-12-11.
- Mundane : Disasters : Accidents (Refuelling explosion)